How to Ride
- Check the seat height and adjust for comfort and stability
- On the far right hand side of the handlebars, press the lever towards the front of the e-Trike so as to unlock the tilting mechanism. Do not attempt to ride the e-Trike with the frame locked.
- Turn key on (side of battery)
- On the left side of the handlebars, check that 4 red energy lights have illuminated.
- Press “+” button” twice so that the mid range gear is selected
- On left side of handlebar, select gear 2
- Sit on the seat and press down on the pedal. The motor will start and the e-Trike will begin to move forward. Alternatively, using the thumb of your right hand, push the throttle forward. The e-Trike motor will activate and you will begin to move forward.
- Keep pedaling (or pressing the throttle) and you’ll be on your way. Press the brakes or stop pedaling to slow down and stop the motor.
- Do not “free wheel” down hills on the e-Trike. Keep your hands close to both brake handles at all times and maintain an appropriate speed for your surroundings.
- When stopping, apply both front and back brakes, gently but firmly. When parking, press in the black lever on either brake handle to lock the brake.
- When climbing a hill, if necessary, change to gear 1. For higher speeds on flat and well paved surfaces, use gear 3.
- Power provided by the motor can be altered between levels 1, 2, and 3 by pressing the “+” button.
- Power level 1 will give extra torque, which is good for climbing hills. Power level 3 will raise your speed with less pedaling.
Remember: Always obey road rules, watch out for other vehicles and get used to riding the e-Trike before attempting higher speeds.
Riding your KWOLITY e-Trike for the first time.
Riding a trike is slightly different to riding a bicycle. When turning a corner on a bike, you naturally lean into the corner and your body weight assists in the cornering process. Whereas, on a regular trike, you have to lean in the opposite direction to the corner as you steer into it. This means, for those who are used to riding bicycles, trikes can feel unintuitive as you get used to them. With the KWOLITY e-Trike, however, we have designed a unique tilting function that makes the trike act more like a bike when it comes to cornering. Our recommendation is that you unlock the frame to allow bike-like tilting when riding. This special feature eases the transition from bike to trike, meaning you’ll feel safe and comfortable on your e-Trike in no time at all.
- Adjust the seat and the front handle bars to suit your height. We find that beginners should initially set the seat height so that your feet are touching the ground, just enough to give you confidence in your balance.
- For your first ride, don’t worry about pedaling. Use the thumb throttle on the right hand side of the handle bars to provide power.
- On the left hand side of the handlebars, there is a dashboard with 4 red lights at the top indicating the battery level. Underneath this, there are another three lights that come on depending on how much power you’re putting into the motor. One light indicated the lowest power level, three indicated the highest. You can move up power levels by pressing the plus button (+) and down power levels by pressing the minus button (-).
- When beginning, we recommend setting the motor power to level 2 (medium). Find a nice quiet place where you can begin riding, such as a car park or quiet road. Sit while touching the ground, then move the throttle upwards with your right thumb. The e-Trike will move forward at a speed relative to how much pressure you are applying to the throttle.
- Move your feet to the pedals and enjoy the ride until you feel comfortable to begin pedaling. When pedaling, release the throttle as the action of your feet pedaling will take over and activate the motor.
- The Pedal Assist system on the e-Trike will activate the motor only whilst there is a pedaling motion. Stop pedaling and the motor will stop too. Similarly, if you apply the brakes, the motor will automatically stop.
- If you come to a steep hill that is difficult to climb, adjust the power until three lights show to provide maximum power. The gear change buttons are located on the left hand side of the handle bars. The e-Trike has 3 gears, low, medium and high. Move through the gears, up and down, depending upon the effort required to climb the hill or how much you’d like the motor to assist your pedaling.
Happy riding from the KWOLITY Team!